Jewish Bundist Diaspora Movement


Tzahal Detention Report

To Be TZAHAL Or Not To Be:

report on detention without cause in Palestine

2019-04- 6 - 10

By Dr abraham Weizfeld PhD


                    Three days ago the Canadian citizen Dr abraham Weizfeld PhD was released from a day and night of torture at the hands of Israel’s occupation military in the Jordan Valley of Palestine. Dr Weizfeld is a resident in the Palestinian city of Nablus (Sukim/Shrem) in the north of the West Bank who came to join in a walk through the valley on the way to Israel’s colony or settlement of Ma’ale Efrahyim, close to the Jordan border. The stretch of land crossed over is planned to be closed off and then annexed  to create a continuous series of settlements from East Jerusalem to the Jordan border, thus cutting off the north from the south of the West Bank. This is part of the scheme that had become an electoral promise of the Prime Ministerial candidate Benyamin Netanyahu. It was proposed to annex the territories of the settlements and their outposts in the Sector C of the previously formulated Oslo Interim Agreement. On the way to the valley we noticed a bus and the group of soldiers positioned on the side of the road for what turned out to be a major military maneuver that day. We descended into the valley from the highway nearby some Bedouin villages and followed a stream along the way with no apparent settlements along the way for about two hours. The particular contentious point of this valley that we traversed was that the open spaces between the existing settlements were being fenced off to form a contiguous territory from the East Jerusalem settlement all the way over to the Jordan international border. Upon mounting one particular hill we came across the metal posts planted in the earth with plastic supports seemingly for the retention of barbed wire. These were removed from that open area there and left behind. These were planted in the direction of the proposed fence to join up the existing settlements of Ma’ale Efrayim and Zotar to the East Jerusalem territories settled. By definition such territories being proposed for annexation are not annexed à priori even though they are treated as such by the military occupation.

                    The eight people detained while leaving the end point of the walk were five Palestinians: Wael Faqeeh, Ghassan Najar, Kheary Hanon, Ghadeer Abo Zena, Fauzi Abo Zena,  France, Italy, and the Jewish-Canadian-Palestinian Dr. Weizfeld. One Palestinian woman, Ghadeer Abu Zina, remained imprisoned for the six days following. These 26 hours though do not compare to the years of detention for thousands of Palestinians presently. The detention and torture of a Jewish academic with Canadian citizenship points out the purely ideological nature of the State of Israel which otherwise claims to act on behalf of the Jewish People. The national chauvinism of Israel’s political culture is actually oriented to the State and not the Jewish people, who are subject to the antisemitism of the self-proclaimed supporters of the State of Israel. Jewish-Canadians or Jewish-Americans adhere to their countries of residence as their homeland equally with other residents and citizens. The Zionist ideology proclaims that such countries, which contain a majority of the world’s Jewish people, are not their homeland and that they should leave and come to Israel their one and only homeland, much the same way as the antisemitic populist wave of ‘White’ Christian Supremacists proclaim.

                    The detention and torture of this Jewish Canadian, and now Palestinian, demonstrates that the Israel State and its forces respect no rule of law and operate as a dictatorship over the occupied Palestinian People. Neither International Law, nor Israel law and not even Jewish law is respected by the famed Tzahal military forces of Israel which continue the targeted killings of demonstrating Palestinians on the frontier of Gaza and permit Zionist settlers to kill their Palestinian neighbours with impunity.

                    You may ask yourself, how did this all get started? The previous Friday we went out to plant olive tree samplings on the hill side of the Bedouin village of Al-Hama in the territory being sought for annexation to Israel. This was a beautiful sunny day after a month of tropical rain, although it was cold as well, a new phenomenon here of climate change. One current of accumulated rain even washed away a section of the infamous Apartheid Wall. Quietly out of the hilltop came one lone settler coming towards us and taking photos of each participant while carrying a pistol in his belt with his top tucked inside the gun handle to make it visible. The guy was visibly infatuated with himself and continued down amongst us until we blocked his path and began to push him back, including myself. Evidently he was into creating a provocation with which he was on his mobile phone calling the military to come and save him from a bunch of ‘terrorists’.

                    While talking to him in Yiddish I let him know that he was being opposed by not only Palestinians but an enraged Jewish guy as well, with grey hair and an insurmountable will. Words like ‘giy avek’, ‘di bist niest kyne yid’, ‘ich loz de nisht adouche gyne’, sti de vist huben un krig mit un yid ich bin du’, as in ‘if you want to start a war with a Jewish guy then I am here to stop you’. Since next to no one amongst the Israelis know Yiddish I had to provide him with translations but that was all ignored since he was on a holy mission from the deity it would seem. His mini puyes tucked behind the ears lent him the appearance of a secular Orthodox caricature to which he added a smirk. After quite awhile the soldiers appeared over the summit of the once grand mountain and made their way towards us. When the woman Falash Mora Jewish Ethiopian soldiers approached I mentioned that this character was making a provocation. Interestingly the five soldiers were all women with three Ethiopians among them. And they actually took the settler back up the hillside out of contact with us. Then it was our turn. That Friday being the 29th of March lent it a certain air of trepidation since the following day Palestinian Land Day was always a dangerous affair, for the Palestinians. Originally six young Palestinians were killed during that initial protest. Up to this point there is plenty of video that show the scene, in particular on my YouTube channel. But then the male officer came down looking for the guy who spoke in Yiddish. Standing behind the Falasha soldier he point to me and calls me over in Hebrew to which I respond in Yiddish to tell him that I don’t speak Hebrew, which I don’t.

                    I did study Hebrew in the Beis Yehuda Talmud Torah on Dovercourt street in Toronto for seven years during the evenings after the English Protestant public school to translate the Torah, Gumura, and other books into English from Hebrew but we did not speak it since that was reserved for prayers and such. Yiddish was our oral language and my maternal language since my parents who were refugees did not yet speak English. That was during the primary period when I was raised Modern Orthodox.

                    So the male soldier, who acted as if he were an officer, ordered me with his hand gestures to approach as if I were to be detained. The settler likely asserted that I had tried to disarm him. I shut the camera to indicate that he need not be concerned with being filmed, as if that were the problem, but that was not the issue. When he ordered the soldiers to go and get me that was when I took off down the mountain. Since the soldiers were able to gain speed on the downhill I was reached soon after and pushed into the stony ground with some force. The will to run was instilled in me because he picked on me because I had spoken in Yiddish as if that were a crime. It was an affront being Jewish and hanging out with the Palestinians but that was not an offense, at least to any law. But then the Law did not matter in these circumstances and anything that the military found offensive was a good reason to be detained notwithstanding that there was no security issue involved. Insolence, criticism or protest is considered an offense in itself.

                    Lying on the ground, I refused to get up, and with reason since my scoliosis vertebrae was not taking kindly to being bounced on the mountain ground. The soldier with the badly bleach hair asserted that if I were able to climb up the mountain I should be able to get up and walk away with them under detention. I claimed the right to medical attention and it became a question for who would call for an ambulance first. The army lost out and the Palestinian came along up to the slope and the Doctor presented himself but not before we had a most interesting dialogue. The first matter that I pointed out was that she was carrying an M-16 automatic machine gun that had come from the USA and that this was proof of the soldiers being American puppets, a fact that I had mentioned previously as well. This did not go over well. The next issue was why I was being detained with the answer being that this was private land. I pointed out that I had been invited onto the land by the Palestinians but this had no effect. Finally I figured out that the soldiers meant private land of the settlement that was nowhere to be seen. It was of no use to repeat my point previously made to the settler that the land belongs to the Palestinians just below who are likely descended from the original Israelites who were left behind during the exile to Babylon. These were the ten lost tribes so-called. However this again had no effect. So I turned to another soldier to the side who was somewhat further away and had a more rational look. This young woman then insisted to me that this hill belonged to Israel, at which point I pointed out that not even the Prime Minister Netanyahu was able to annex this land formally, to which that was a giggle of response. To which I remarked that she thought herself to be the President of Israel as if she had a greater authority than the Prime Minister.

                    The Palestinian doctor came to tell the soldiers that he was taking charge of his patient and the soldiers actually left him alone to work after some hesitation. Carried down the mountain by a number of people I was taken to the village clinic with not military following, likely because there was no way to get their vehicles over the mountain. A thorough examination x-rayed the knee, hip, back and shoulder that were in pain and confirmed that no damage to the skeleton had happened. An injection of an analgesic provided some relief from the pain and we then left in the orange coloured minibus that had brought us there.

                    Back to the standoff with the army at the end of the walk through the valley the same Falash Mora soldier was present and smiled in return as I walked past on the way to the departing cars. The other soldier who aspires to be President did not take notice of my presence. When the group of walkers came down the hill to the road alongside the Ma’ale Efrayim settlement, four army jeeps appeared and stopped any progression. Being stationed in the back of the jeeps taking video I noticed that the soldiers ordered the people to return from whence they came. At that point they refused to move and remained in place. The army then began to shoot gas grenades towards both the people assembled and the television reports that were poisoned further up the dirt road behind. One man in particular Abu Nasser was holding a Palestinian flag and he was singled out and told to take it down. No one else was holding any sign and there was not banner being displayed as well. Abu Nasser refused to take down the flag even when encouraged to do so by the other people assembled there. Finally a senior officer appeared who ordered the assembly to disperse and leave the grounds. To do so we were to cross over the road to the waiting cars and we entered the car of Wael Faqueeh who was in the driver’s position. Abu Nasser (Kheary Hanoon) came to sit in the front passenger seat. In the back row were myself, the woman with sunglasses and Ghassan. As we left in the car, a military jeep followed. As we came up to the Palestinian ambulance we stopped to speak with the doctor and the military jeep stopped as well. The point of stopping was to speak with the doctor in the ambulance who had previously treated me, to present the woman with the glasses who was suffering from sunstroke and to observe the harassment being conducted against other people across the route. The young woman soldier driver came over to Wael and ordered him out of the driver’s seat. Then she ordered him to give her the car keys. Then we were all ordered out and sat on the guard rail of the highway. We were told that we would be taken into detention. It is to be noted that there was no police present during this detention procedure. At that point the male officer who had ordered my detention the previous Friday appeared and was shouting away in Hebrew something about taking me in particular into detention. And away we went, blindfolded and hand bound with tie-wraps. Initially when I was not blindfolded as were the others I questioned why the others had to be blindfolded and not myself and so I was blinded as well, which did not seem appropriate, even to the soldier.

                    Then the scene become surrealist as we are deposited in a cell on the military base. Still blindfolded, the experience of walking  through the military base to the cell directed by a soldier was unsettling. When we did get to sit it was unnerving, hour after hour with no food and no permission to talk. If we did talk, especially in Arabic, this was greeted with the Hebrew, ‘Lo Daberit’, in a tone that suggested violence. ‘Shekit’ was another word lesson in Hebrew meaning ‘quiet’ or in the military tone of voice ‘shut up’. I tried out the word ‘Shekit’ on a soldier and he freaked saying that I had told him to ‘shut up’ as if that were a reason to get mistreated. There was another word used as well, which I forget now. In any case one elderly man Abu Nasser who wore a traditional headdress and robe with the black retainer on his head was heard to reply to a soldier that he was in Palestine and not Israel to which he was told to ‘shut up’ at which he did not. Abu Nasser began to chant Arabic slogans and he was taken into another room when his head was hit until he was unconscious. We heard this happening and yelled out but our room was filled with soldiers who ordered us to stop. He was later brought back into our cell. With a mass of soldiers before us I took the opportunity to say that since they wanted to teach us Hebrew so much then I asked them what the Hebrew for torture was, at which there was a sudden silence. “Torture, you know what torture is?”, I went on, and still no answer. A slow trickle of soldiers exiting followed.

                    The soldiers were most polite to the two international woman passed me a piece of a slice of American bread to which I commented, “American bread, ah perhaps that is the problem’. That got a laugh but no more food. At about 4 pm I asked for something to eat and at about 8 pm in response to my request for food I got a slice of rye bread and a glass of cold water – the proverbial prison food of old.




<![if !vml]>IMG_20190407_134328.jpg<![endif]>               <![if !vml]>IMG_20190407_134216.jpg<![endif]>

                                        Blindfold                                                                                                          hand ties

<![if !vml]>IMG_20190404_165631.jpg<![endif]>

Tie marks


                    During the health session I was seated before the desk of the paramedic who was guarded by two other soldiers. One was a man who had accompanied us to the medical examination which was preceded by a sit down outside in the sun on a bench where I was able to converse with one of the international woman in French. The presiding soldier was one who spoke English well without much of an accept and I had previously asked him if he was Canadian and if so what was he doing there. He had replied that he was American but spoke a rather fluent Hebrew. During the period sitting outside waiting for the medical evaluation he took the opportunity to research the Internet for my name and found my doctoral Thesis the title of which he read, ‘Nation, Society and the State’ without mentioning the subtitle ‘the reconciliation of Palestinian and Jewish Nationhood’. I replied that in addition to the Thesis that I had just published my book ‘The Federation of Palestinian and Hebrew Nations’ and that both were available at the web site. As an aside I remarked to the international woman in French that the American soldier was becoming my student.

                    While waiting for the military doctor, the American soldier was chatting away with the woman soldier who exchange phrases in American English as a cool style of being. The constant interchanges of the woman soldiers in particular was remarkable. The light atmosphere that prevailed in the medical office offered a glimpse of the soldiers as human and more so as Jewish. The constant somersaulting of identities in my thoughts was intolerable when I caught a glimpse of their rifles hanging on their sides when I could see them in the office without my blindfold. I would check to see that their safety was on for the rifles as well but their manner of speaking as young Jewish kids our camping in their military base was too surreal to believe. The writings on the equipment and the wall boards in Hebrew as well was so Jewish even though the operation was so USA. The flip-flop between the two identities was irreconcilable.

                    During that afternoon we had a session with the military doctor which was initiated with blood pressure measurements. Mine was 153 / 103 on the second test. Wael later on told me his blood pressure was at 175 / 120. Of course a normal blood pressure should be 125 / 80. Wael had blood pressure medication but the soldiers continually claimed that it was on its way, even though it never appeared. Having explained to the doctor that I was afflicted with a chronic scoliosis which was a factor in the back pain that I endured as a result of the previous Friday’s rough treatment by the soldiers, I was given two pain tablets one of which I took immediately. The entire list of my life’s ailments was calculated in various sheet of the medical report and I offered up a tidbit in addition when I mentioned that as a 2G Holocaust survivor I carried the Post Traumatic Syndrome Disorder. The American offered up the initials PTSD. A document was presented to confirm that we were detained without violence, which I initialed.


<![if !vml]>IMG_20190407_134118.jpg<![endif]>


                    Some hours later in the cell Fouzi Abo Zena fell over onto the floor and did not seem to be breathing when I peaked. I offered to do resuscitation since I told the soldiers that was trained as a lifeguard. His wife was crying next to him and the soldiers only told her to shut up. They refused to let me attend to him and called the paramedics who came some time later. He just lay on the floor with his wife seated next to him. The medics attended to him and revived him so as to be seated again.

                    Wael advised the soldiers that he needed his medication for his high blood pressure which had been confirmed previously with the doctor. He also had some heart problem which was due to be examined by his hospital. There was not medication brought to him and the soldiers only claimed that the medication was on its way. After three hours I replied to them that I did not believe their claim. Wael demanded medical attention and by about 10 pm the medics came to him and agreed to call for an ambulance so that he could be transported to the hospital. The Palestinian ambulance came and he was released at about 11 pm although he was briefly brought back into the cell.

                    There was a continuous parade of soldiers coming and going into the cell oftentimes leaving the door open which became quite a problem as the sun set and the air coming inside the cell was quite cold. We were of course dressed to be walking in the sunshine that day.

                    I was seated next to Wael and we were being watched over by at least a soldiers next to the door while other came to parade around to look at us from time to time. When we tried to speak to each other we were ordered to stop speaking again and again. I whispered some questions to Wael and at that point I was ordered to take a place next to the door on the other side of the cell. The constant stream of soldiers coming into the cell was leaving the door open bringing the cold air into the cell next to me. I would ask the soldiers to close the door and they would from time to time, but the door remained open most of the time. Since we were ordered to remain silent I took advantage of the prior condition and just slammed the door closed with my foot each time it was left open while peeking under the blindfold. The two international woman were offered blankets and they were huddled together with blankets for warmth but only one that was damp and smelly. At about 20h/8pm I asked for a blanket was received on folded on the lap which took some maneuvering to get over my shoulders with the hands tied. Ghassan who was beside me did not receive a blanket and I was able to move over to him and share the one. Finally the soldiers offered him one.

                    Another point that disturbed the soldiers immensely was when I tilted my head back and took a peak at the other prisoners. The soldiers would shout at me and say “don’t look”. When this got to be rather aggressive I responded that the blindfold did not cover my eyes very well because of my big Jewish nose, at which the soldiers laughed and left me to peak from time to time.

                    There was some dialogue between the soldiers and myself. The soldiers were curious about me being Jewish. With a number of soldiers before me one asked me if I was Jewish, which was evident enough from my name. Replying that yes indeed that I was Jewish but they he was not, but I held myself back from saying that he was an American puppet. Oftentimes I would speak in Yiddish to vex the soldiers who sought to impose Hebrew on us. Like, “Yo ich bin Yiddish ubey di bist nicht” [Sure I’m Jewish but you’re not]. Another question was don’t I want to live in Israel, with a somewhat extended verbalisation of the name? I replied no, I want to live in Palestine. That soldier sang me a portion of Israel’s anthem as if to prove that it was Jewish. I continued on the explain that I spoke Yiddish because I was from a Jewish refugee family and that my mother had escaped from the Warsaw ghetto. One woman soldiers laughed and I responded that it was not a joke and another soldier said that was true. No further laughter erupted. Of course all this was happening while I was blindfolded. The soldiers did not want to hear anymore and left.

                    At about 10 pm a soldier responded to my request for food and offered me a chocolate Nutella sandwich on two slices of rye bread. He may have been the American. I took the opportunity to announce that I was going to teach the soldiers some Hebrew by making the brucha/blessing for the sandwich for which I was really grateful. “Baruch atta adonai, alohanou melach haloman hamotzie lechem min eretz” which means, ‘Blessed are you g~d, the g~d who is king of the universe for the bread which comes from the earth’. To which all the soldiers replied in unison “Amen”. Actually I had not remembered that prayer for many many years but hearing all the Hebrew being spoken brought the memory back. Quiet reigned for awhile after that. I could have or should have gone on to point out that where the prayer says ‘from the earth’ it did not say ‘Eretz Yisroal’ but simply ‘the earth’ in confirmation of the point that the earth was made for everybody and not just one State because the earth belonged to all and not to one set of people. However I left it as it was and did not continue as it may very well have been considered to be a provocation by some soldiers.

                    While we prisoners become sleepy in our seats the soldiers continue to chatter loudly to keep us awake and pass through the door often with some slamming the metal door shut, if they did not leave it open to the cold air. Ghassan is quietly shivering next to me, even with his blanket on.

                    When Wael had gone off with the ambulance his seat in the far corner was left empty and I noticed, with a peak, the American. So I asked for another sandwich which was brought to me. I ate some bites and then asked him if I could move away from the door to the corner. Taking the sandwich with me I took the seat and at the same time passed by Ghadeer putting the sandwich into her hands. She refused it but her husband next to her said he would take it since he was in worse shape and it was passed over to him all in front of the American who said nothing. After another hour I asked him if I could lay down on the cement floor and he agreed. Rather than continue to be called ‘American’ he told me his name was Gabriel as I laid down to rest. It felt as if I was being watched over by a Gabriel angel. He even helped put one half of the blanket underneath. Such little gestures become immense in such circumstances. Others asked to lay down as well and he said yes.

                    With my scoliosis back laying on the cold smooth cement floor with one half of the blanket as a mattress I awoke after an hour. Turning over was a major task and it did not help in going to sleep again. Then at midnight a woman soldier made an announcement that was seemingly important but incomprehensible. I asked for an interpretation and Gabriel explained that in an hour we would be transported somewhere. At 1 am we were collected at the door and brought out one by one to a vehicle still blindfolded. While waiting I tried to lean against the transport and was told not to touch. Then we were deposited into the benches of three rows where I was on the furthest right of the second. The seat belt did not loosen enough and the woman soldier kept on trying to connect it until giving up. The long ride along the major route passed by various signs that I would observe since it could not be seen if I was peaking. I was concerned that we were being transported into a prison inside ’48 Palestine (Israel) on the way to being expelled from the country. But no, we went on and on through the mountains on the winding highway until we came not to the Hawarah  military base outside Nablus but rather into the settlement of Ariel. Ironically, that settlement had a University established there to which I was qualified to be a professor.

                    Slowly we are led into the brightly lit station and deposited into a smaller room with a soldier stationed in the door. Still no police make an appearance.

                    The rest of the night we are sitting in a sleepy daze while the soldiers keep up their loud chatter. At about 9 am I was sliding off the seat onto the floor in pain and Ghadeer motioned for me to take notice of the mat that had been put on the floor in the back of the room and encouraged me to lay down on it. That was the most luxurious bed I have ever had to sleep on. An hour later an actual police officer appeared at which time I took the opportunity to ask for our lawyer Gaby Lasky to be called. The friends on the outside had called her law office themselves and the police officer appeared with a mobile phone telling us that we could talk with the law office to give an account of what had happened. An associate of her law office came to interview us in the hallway one by one an hour thereafter. While those interview took place meals were actually brought to us in those aluminum compartilised containers with a carton top to them. Opening it up I noticed two pieces of what appeared to be liver, some pasta in another section and something else. So I mentioned to the police that I can’t eat meat since I am vegetarian and have been for 50 years. Ghassan mentioned that we could not eat it at all with our hands tied. The blindfolds had been taken off and it seemed to be a reasonable request but it was refused. Ghassan quickly announced that we were on a hunger strike until the hand ties were removed. Nothing happened.

                    One by one we were taken to be interrogated and without our lawyer present. Upstairs we went hands tied and Kheary Hanoon had his legs shackled. In the interrogation room the clerk relied upon a soldier for the translation of my testimony. The proceedings were recorded as well. I then provided a description of the detention procedure after we had been asked to leave the area. While continuing to describe how we were treated the clerk responded that he only wanted to know what we had done and not what others had done even though we had done nothing. On document with an English text was presented to confirm something about the interrogation but which I don’t remember and which I initialed while another that had a transcription of my remarks, supposedly, in Hebrew and which I did not initial.

                    Taken down the stairs and back into the room we were assured that soon we would be released. A toilet trip with a certain male soldier turned into a new tie-warps set that was tighter than the previous. He twice brought out his knife to release the lock in the plastic gear and then tightened it to where it had been previously.

                    Another ride in a jeep and we were then deposited on the side of the highway on the shoulder near a junction with Palestinian traffic not far from the entrance to the Hawarah check-point guarding the road into the Nablus ghetto.

                    As it turned out the memory card of the camera I used of 62 Giga was missing and according to the military it was the police who were responsible. That camera memory contained the videos of the day’s events. Fouzi Abo Zena had one of his mobile telephones missing, his jacket was missing, 300 shekels and cigarettes as well were stolen. This could very well be described as highway robbery. Mandalena had her visa card missing from here passport.

                    I have been advised by the legal office of Gaby Lasky that I could file a legal motion in the Israel court to sue the military for having been detained illegally and in conditions that amount to passive torture. In a group motion we could also file for actual violence inflicted on innocent detainees and denial of medication.

                    As for full disclosure; it should be known that my political orientation was determined by the heritage of my mother from the Warsaw ghetto who was a member of the Jewish Bund, a socialist civil rights movement with a trade union complement. The Jewish Bund was the more popular political tendency as compared to the Zionist parties since it called for national-cultural autonomy in the countries of residence where it was organized, Poland, Lithuania and Russia. In the Russian Tsarist Empire the Jewish people were limited to reside in the Pale of Settlement which was basically centered around Lithuania and its adjacent territory Byelorussia. As far as my father, Ceil Weisfeld, was concerned he was also a socialist but more religious and by origin from a small municipality near the southern Polish city of Lublin. His settle community was herded into the Lublin ghetto from which he escaped and found his way into the USSR. He actually came back once to collect his younger brother Hersh Weisfeld, who had become a ghetto policeman, and escaped with him into the USSR. It was the USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics) which provided refuge for about 500,000 Jewish refugees while the Zionist movement in its deals with the Nazi regime collected some 61,800 into Palestine. The Zionist collusion with the Nazi regime in violating the boycott organized by the American Jewish community helped save the Nazi regime together with the investments from the US Military-Industrial Complex such as the Ford Motor company, as well as the investments from the European bourgeoisie in the slave labour camps/factories, in addition to the produce provided by the Russian Communist Party regime which furnished the Nazi army with food from the Ukraine in the Molotov-Rubbentrop Agreement while its own people staved. The occupation of Poland by both parties to the agreement handed over the major part of the Polish Jewish community into the hands of the Nazi regime.

                    My mother Cesia Goldseider, was a cosmopolitan Polish woman who worked as a store clerk for a Jewish employer who also supported the Jewish Bund. She also escaped from the Warsaw ghetto, a month after the wall was built around it, to arrive at the destination provided by her brother Myer Goldseider. He had set up a camp in the Russian forest across the border which became a conduit or underground railway to save the occupants of the Warsaw ghetto by providing a way out into Russia. Subsequently my mother went back into the ghetto with messages for the resistance and bought out her younger sister Chava. My mother Cesia was less religious than my father who went to the synagogue every Saturday morning at 9 am and insisted that I do so as well until the age of 18 when I moved out of the family home with my student bursary. I had quietly given up on religious practice at the age of 14 when Einstein became more important to me than the local Rabbi. Myer Goldseider became a Partisan fighter when the Nazi military invaded Russia and was conscripted into the Red Army from which no trace was found as to his existence. This very heritage has become my inspiration to continue to stand alongside the Palestinian People in the name of the Jewish Bund struggling for liberation from the Occidental colonial project called the Zionist State of Israel.


Notifications sent to the Canada Embassy;

                    Here attached is the detailed account of our detention by the military of the State of Israel in the Jordan Valley. I would note that if it was the electoral proposition of the candidate Netanyahu to annex the Jordan Valley to the State of Israel as well as the various settlements and their outposts in Sector C as in the Interim Agreement of Oslo then by definition the territory upon which we were detained is not under the authority of the military forces of the State of Israel itself.


                    It may be noted that my presence on the territory in question was by invitation of the local Palestinian representatives and that furthermore, I have an identity issued by the Palestinian Authority which is a work and investment authorisation #2801 issued 2016-01-04 to justify my presence in the city of Nablus and any other Palestinian territory.


                    As for the legal condition of my presence in the Palestinian territories of the Jordan Valley I would refer to my visa issued by the Jewish Agency of Canada and signed by the Israel consul of Montréal Rotem Segev and which is headed “STATE OF ISRAEL …  VISA” for the duration of 2018-01-17 until 2021-01-16 if according to the Israel State military it considers itself to have the authority to have detained me in those circumstances.

                    In either one circumstance or the other, my detention and that of the others cannot be considered valid or legal under either Israel law or that of International law. In addition, the military of any authority cannot place a civilian under detention without the presence and compliance of police authority.

At no time were we informed that “In countries that are party to the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations (176 States Parties as of 2013), the arresting authorities are obliged to advise you of your right to access consular representation and to arrange for this access.” <![if !supportFootnotes]>[1]<![endif]>


Press Release in English, French, Arabic, Hebrew And Yiddish is annexed here after the references.







                    Ghadeer Abu Zina











                    Ghadeer Abu Zina